Product and Site Marketing Manager
- Bellevue, WA
- Full Time
- Product Marketing
- Mid Level
Who We Are:
Led by our CEO who was voted one of the country's 50 best CEO's in the United States by Glassdoor, 1-800Accountant serves the accounting needs of start-ups, entrepreneurs and small businesses by providing extraordinary service at an affordable price. Using our Dedicated Accountant model, we build relationships based on integrity, responsiveness and solidarity, with the goal of making every client a client for life. Our team helps business owners focus on the passion they have for their business while helping them with their finances creating a collaborative effort to help their business thrive.
The Role: Product and Site Marketing Manager
1-800Accountant is looking for a Product Marketing Manager to champion our Business Formation Services offer, helping new business owners get started with an Accountant by their side from day-one. You’ll own competitive benchmarking, product marketing channel engagement, strategy and execution of all marketing programs to get in front of would-be entrepreneurs, solopreneurs and gig-economy workers to form the right type of legal entity (LLC, S-Corp, C-Corp, Non-profit, etc…) that will set their business up in a way that minimizes their tax burden.
This is a role where you will be asked to both lead the product experience and deeply understand the economics of your decisions as they relate to sales and revenue.
What You’ll Do
- Define the product vision, strategy and roadmap that delivers customer benefits for our Business Formation services
- Drive the organization to deliver on short term goals while balancing long term strategic vision for both Business Formation as well as our core services (Accounting, Bookkeeping, Tax, Payrol)
- Inspire and lead cross-functional teams using data to tell stories
- Leverage data and insights to drive online purchase customer experience
- Partner with product marketing, design, engineering, data, etc. to successfully deliver products to market
- Analyze research and persona & customer insights to understand market trends, existing user needs, and growth opportunities to inform product messaging, brand differentiation, and marketing content.
- Own market intelligence, monitoring the competitive landscape and sharing insights with the team
- Measure and report against the performance of product marketing initiatives
- Execute multiple aspects of the product marketing lifecycle; from branding & positioning to targeted outreach & segmentation strategy, education & engagement campaigns, and events.
- Partner with stakeholders to develop programs that achieve adoption and expansion goals for new and existing products and features.
- Drive cross-functional teams to develop launch strategy and GTM plans for new features and enhancements
- Own the development of customer-facing marketing assets to support product storytelling (e.g. product videos, sales kits, website copy) to articulate the benefits of our platform.
- Develop compelling value propositions, materials, and tools to enable the customer success and sales teams around our user, product, and market
Skills And Experience
- Bachelor’s degree; MBA preferred
- 5+ years of SMB professional services industry product management experience; subscriptions services preferred
- Proven track record of working on marketing strategy for consumer-facing and B2B products from inception to launch.
- Experience working closely with product, engineering, analytics, and business teams in a fast-paced technology company.
- Experience defining marketing technology and data infrastructure needs.
- Experience working with propensity models and other user understanding or AI models to identify, reach, and communicate with unique customer audiences.
- Experience defining and building net-new customer communications prog from the ground-up.
- Strong strategic problem solver, with a hypothesis and data driven approach.
- Customer obsessed. Ability to connect customer insights and data to drive customer communications strategies.
- Ability to analyze opportunities, define objectives and drive desired outcomes.
- Ability to balance multiple priorities and deliver against timelines.