Who We Are:
Led by our CEO, voted a Top 50 CEO in the US by Glassdoor, 1-800Accountant serves the accounting needs of start-ups, entrepreneurs and small businesses by providing extraordinary service at an affordable price. Using our Dedicated Accountant model, we build relationships based on integrity, responsiveness and solidarity, with the goal of making every client a client for life. Our team helps business owners focus on their passion for their business while helping with their finances, creating a collaborative effort to help their business thrive.
The Social Media Marketing Specialist will join a team of marketing professionals to grow and engage our audience and client base.
Reporting to the Social Media Marketing & Community Manager and the Partnership Marketing Manager, the Social Media Marketing Specialist will have their ear to the ground in social media trends, technologies and techniques, innovating new messaging and opportunities to meet our goals. Your resume may well be 80% links to social media profiles you’ve built. It should include at least one. Highlighting specific content is a plus.
You will collaborate with product and marketing teams, creative designers and influencers to promote small business Accounting, Tax, Bookkeeping and Payroll best practices to customers through social media channels.
We represent accountants, we do not market to accountants. This role must be able to create messaging that will hit home with realtors, delivery drivers, influencers, artists, content creators, bakers, mechanics — you get the idea — and consistently represent our brand as authoritative yet approachable to each of its unique and respective audiences.
- Generate and publish innovative, engaging, relatable content that grabs attention and encourages action
- Listen to our audience, light a spark with one hand while putting out fires with the other
- Optimize social profile to maximize visibility of company’s POV
- Continuously improve by capturing and analyzing the appropriate social data/metrics, insights and best practices, and then acting on the information
- Monitor opportunities for online advocacy and reputation-building
- Follow the data: use social listening and benchmarking apps to further inform/drive social media content needs
- Coordinate with other team members in Brand, PR and Marketing to ensure consistency
- Work closely with paid social and SEO teams to create optimized, engaging and relevant campaigns that address our target audiences’ core motivations and help to achieve our strategic goals
- Goal-oriented, with a strong desire to innovate and grow
- 3 years of experience in marketing or related field, heavy in social media
- Multilingual - you speak TikTok and Facebook, Twitter and Instagram
- Independent, aggressive self-starter who is even better at collaborating
- Experience with Social Media Publishing and Analytics tools
- Excellent writing, editing, presentation and communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to juggle numerous projects and meet deadlines
- Ability to track, interpret and report on engagement KPI’s and metrics in an understandable way
- Bachelor’s degree
- Previous financial product experience
- On-camera confidence
- Basic video production & editing skills
- Previous PR experience
- Knowledge of Facebook, Twitter & Instagram’s advertising platforms
- Customer-centric; ability to engage and develop relationships with followers
- Strong problem-solving skills