Human Resources Director:
This position is responsible for the overall administration and coordination of the Human Resources function including compliance, employee development and standardization of company policies and procedures across the organization.
Key attributes that will help define success in HR at 1-800Accountant are Business and Strategic Partnership. The Director will be responsible for creating and executing policy and driving a successful employee experience.
It is expected that all members of the HR team behave as leaders in the organization. A significant part of this leadership is to gain knowledge of our products, services and customers and use that knowledge to help define how employees contribute, and are rewarded for contributing, to the success of the organization.
Additionally, HR leaders are expected to understand the financial aspects of operating the business and to be able to identify ways to improve efficiencies within and outside of the function. You will be expected to contribute to the operations of the organization.
Employee Advocate. Know the employees you work with and support. Knowledge of what motivates them to contribute and what drives their behaviors in the workplace is key to helping to create a workplace that fosters open communications, high productivity and the ability to put the customer first. You will be expected to work with other leaders to identify and provide employee development opportunities, organizational development advancements, develop communications plans and lead communications meetings, and put together problem resolution programs.
- Ensure legal compliance with all applicable local state and federal employment laws, including but not limited to FLSA, FMLA and ADAAA to minimize risk/exposure to the company
- Coaching employees, supervisors and managers regarding workplace issues such as job performance, career planning and employee relations, ensuring that regional consistency is maintained and company policies are applied in a non-discriminatory manner.
- Having a working knowledge of the various regional collective bargaining agreements, the HR Manager is able to assist supervisors, as required, in the interpretation of those contracts.
- Managing the salary administration process including overseeing and tracking state-wide Personnel Action Forms from beginning to end, recommending salary treatment for new hires and promotions and assisting in the annual performance & merit review process.
- Talent Acquisition – Partners with the Recruiting team to help leaders to forecast, plan, and acquire key talent in support of the overall business strategies and operating plans. Partners on how to source and pipeline digital talent and have pulse on what attracts and retains such talent.
- Talent Assessment – Collaborates with the Recruiting and Training teams to assess talent, make recommendations for staff development, changes in roles and responsibilities, and continuously upgrade existing and new talent. Key partner in career path, succession planning and talent mobility.
- Working with Corporate Benefits, assists employees during the annual Open Enrollment process and throughout the year to resolve on-going employee benefit issues.
- Responsible for the accuracy and completeness of records/employee files.
- Works closely with Corporate HRIS (Namely) to ensure accuracy of employee data.
- Develops training materials and conducts necessary employee training within the state and region, i.e., interviewing skills, diversity, harassment, STD/LTD/FMLA/WC process, etc.
- Excellent communication skills (both verbal & written) and demonstrated ability to influence others while developing positive relationships at all levels of the organization.
- Employee Engagement – Proactively analyzes workforce trends and metrics to develop action plans to increase overall employee engagement and retention.
- High level of energy and enthusiastic approach to job performance as well as implementation of Corporate and region goals and policies.
- Ability to work independently and manage multiple priorities in fast-paced setting.
- Customer focused; all employees are the internal customers of HR. It is not unusual to be involved in resolving external customer concerns.
- Must be comfortable resolving conflicts and effective at problem solving.
- 5-10 years in a progressively responsible HR management function, which includes responsibility for all areas of HR, i.e., salary and benefits administration, employee and labor relations, culture maintenance.
- Background knowledge in training, EEO/AA, ADA, STD/LTD, WC, FMLA, OSHA, OFCCP, FLSA, unemployment insurance, etc.
- Minimum BA degree; Human Resources or related field. Professional as certified by SHRM or equivalent experience preferred
- Strong computer skills, including ability to work with Excel spreadsheets and Power Point.