Sr. Manager of Client Success & Support
We are seeking a candidate who will be responsible for implementing the customer success strategy, building a team, and developing a culture of customer success for small business clients purchasing subscription financial services packages nationwide. You are willing to live in the details within the team but looking to grow quickly into a manager of managers.
This candidate will be responsible for overseeing and developing a team to spearhead l coordination of work between clients and specialized accounting service providers, serving as the face of the company and driving customer onboarding, retention, lifetime value, and client success. Must be eager to collaborate cross-functionally to ensure company-wide alignment with various Client Success initiatives and the significant impact they have on revenue retention.
The ideal candidate has experience in leading teams that interface with customers, manage vital processes, and are focused on making customers happy and successful as a primary goal. Someone with data-driven leadership with a quantitative and analytical approach to planning and problem-solving. A partner cross-functionally to speed up hand-off points and reduce team-to-team friction.
The ideal candidate will be customer-centric, energetic and empathetic. They will have a deep understanding and ability to utilize technology and smart business processes to execute a fantastic customer experience. Someone who builds processes where needed and scales judgment to handle ambiguity. Managing season engagement plans, load balancing, prioritization, time off, and all other operating mechanisms to ensure team success.
This is a fully remote opportunity.
Please be made aware- you must live in one of the following states:
AL, AK, AZ, CT, FL, GA, HI, IN, MD, MN, NJ, NY, NC, PA, TN, TX, WA
What does the Job Entail?
- Build, lead, and retain a world-class team to deliver key metrics [QBRs, CSAT, Timely Response, Onboarding Sessions, etc.] and retention measurements [Hold Rates, Cancelation Rates, Renewal Rates, and Net Revenue Retention].
- Scale an empathetic, tight support organization rapidly delivering best-in-class customer support.
- Collaborate with Sales, Product, Billing, and Marketing to create an exceptional customer experience.
- Anticipate the needs and structure of the organization as our company engages in our next growth phase.
- Provide actionable and ongoing career development for Client Success Reps.
- Be a “Voice of the Customer” resource and connection for the rest of the organization. (Product, Engineering, Sales, etc...)
- Drive operational practices to track the performance of teams and individuals.
- Be an inspirational role model by challenging and maximizing the team's strength and aligning their efforts to the mission and vision of the organization.
- Be responsible for implementing a Client Success strategy that services Tax Advisory and Tax Fulfillment teams.
- Leverage historical data to identify critical metrics relating to client happiness and our internal operations to facilitate decisions that deliver a team that can proactively manage our client's tax preparation and advisement? needs.
- Proven experience building and leading teams, in a fast paced environment.
- Proven ability to develop strategies, translate them into initiatives and track successful delivery.
- Possess a strong management presence and leadership ability, with communication and interpersonal skills that inspire and motivate leaders and teams.
- Demonstrated operational excellence in analytical thinking, process development, and improvement, problem-solving, communication, delegation, and planning.
- Able to be flexible and agile in responding to evolving business priorities and dealing with ambiguity.
- Holds solid operational skills that will drive organizational efficiencies and customer satisfaction.
- Willing and able to address escalated client issues with speed and urgency.
- Expert at support management with proven experience managing a team supporting a technically challenging product.
- You can think strategically while understanding the nature of short-term urgencies.
- Data-driven - you use data to manage your team and support your decision-making.
- You’ve managed teams in live phone support environments and know how to measure, analyze and explain key performance metrics.
- Has Built and Managed a relevant team, having hired their people, designed key operating cadences, and gotten the team to perform
- Ideally, experience leveraging tooling like PowerBi, Salesforce, and SaaS tools to manage the operations of your team.
- 3-5 years of customer success leadership experience in B2B within SMB experience.
- 5-7 years experience in customer success and account management roles
- Bachelor’s degree in business or finance
Who We Are:
At 1-800Accountant, we believe in using business as a force for good. We are defining a new accounting services model to help business owners navigate the new economy. We combine technology with a dedicated accountant to serve the needs of start-ups, entrepreneurs, and small businesses by providing extraordinary service at an affordable price. Our team helps business owners focus on their passion for their business while helping them with their finances, creating a collaborative effort to help their business thrive.
Why Join Us?
- We’ve worked diligently to create an energetic, high-achieving, and zero-ego team culture that is truly unlike anywhere else––you can feel the positive energy from your first interview.
- Good ideas can come from anywhere, and we’ve created a work environment to facilitate hyper-collaboration and inspiration-sharing.
- We value employee engagement and teamwork as a critical component to our business
- Our goal is to nurture internal talent and create opportunities for growth and promotion, and we firmly believe that when one team member succeeds, we all succeed.
- Medical, Dental, Vision, FSA, Dependent Care
- 401K with employer match
- Work with the country’s largest virtual accounting firm
- Work with cutting edge technology
- Join an engaging community of like-minded individuals
1-800Accountant is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions on the basis of merit. 1-800Accountant’s policy prohibits unlawful discrimination based on race, color, religious creed, sex, gender identity, marital or veteran status, age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information or characteristics (or those of a family member), sexual orientation, pregnancy, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state, or local laws. It also prohibits discrimination based on a perception that anyone has any of those characteristics, or is associated with a person who has or is perceived as having any of those characteristics. All such discrimination is unlawful.